Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient has also been heralded for having one of the finest and most comprehensive wine cellars in the world, having comprised of more than 80 000 bottles of wine under 5 500 different South African and international labels. Not surprisingly, it has been the recipient of numerous international awards and accolades and will continue to build on and expand this proud reputation at Restaurant Mosaic at Château des Tesnières.
Location: Château Des Tesnières
- French Speaking / Available to Study French during the next three years.
- Available to travel freely between SA and France
- Looking to build a long-term career and reputation at Restaurant Mosaic, together with Chantel and the rest of the brigade, to achieve the maximum of their own and communal potential.
Opportunities and Benefits:
The selected candidate will have the valuable opportunity to gain experience in working at a fine dining establishment like Restaurant Mosaic in France and to visit some of the most acclaimed wine producers in Europe and South Africa.
- Permanent / full-time, long-term career opportunity for a suitable candidate who not only want to build a career but also develop, together with the chef a restaurant of international repute.
- Restaurant Mosaic will be open in France for 8 months of the year (mid-March to mid-November), the candidate will live and work in France during those 8 months and the other 4 months of the year will be allocated to holiday time and travel to South Africa (Christmas and New Year at home) / through Europe for visiting the wine estates / domaines / châteaux to meet with wine makers, taste new vintages and confirm allocations.
- All staff accommodation will be provided in France – Restaurant Mosaic will be responsible for the accommodation of the candidate in France during the annual 8 months of service.
- Build a professional career to the highest standards in the industry – our vision is that our Sommelier will reach the same international acclaim as our Chef, Restaurant and Cellar.
- Full support and all cost paid to obtain academic qualifications, membership fees to national and international bodies, etc.
- All cost to be paid for the attendance and completion of exams.
- All work-related travel expenses will be covered, including airline and train tickets.
- Full board and lodging during wine estate visits will be covered.
- All costs and assistance provided for Visa applications, work permits and eventual residence cards.
- Salary paid in Euro’s while in France and in South African Rand while in South Africa.
- Medical Aid to be provided
- Pension Fund to be provided
- Annual visits to European wine regions, re. Champagne, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone, Alsace while in
France, and similar when in South Africa.
- Subscriptions to wine magazines as well as electronic subscriptions will be covered.
- To name but a few.
Apply for this position
Fill in the form below